From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of David R Newman via Eprints-tech <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tuesday, 22 March 2022 at 17:27
To: David Kane via Eprints-tech <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] Eprints Bazaar and "Unknown dataset: epm"

Hi David,

This is due to the code where the EPM data object is defined not being included.  You may need to edit the file:

EPRINTS_PATH/flavours/pub_lib/inc

and add the line:

ingredients/bazaar

That said, I have checked backed and both EPrints 3.4 original release (i.e. 3.4.0) and 3.4.3 both have this line.  Although the way the inc file is defined in 3.4.0 is semi-colon rather than new line separated for different paths in this inc file.  If you do have an inc file that looks like:

flavours/pub_lib;site_lib;ingredients/bazaar;

It may be worth changing this to:

flavours/pub_lib
site_lib
ingredients/bazaar

In fact, if you do not have an EPRINTS_PATH/site_lib/ directory, I would remove that line altogether.  I am pretty sure using the semi-colon separated syntax still works but it is worth eliminating all possible differences.  I assume you have a  non-empty directory at EPRINTS_PATH/ingredients/bazaar/?  Also if you have mlocate install on your operating system it is worth checking that the following file exists and where it is located, (it should be at EPRINTS_PATH/ingredients/bazaar/plugins/EPrints/DataObj/EPM.pm):

locate DataObj/EPM.pm

I have also written some instructions for upgrading between versions of 3.4 at:

This may provide some assistance, although it does not make any reference to the specific issue you reported.

Regards

David Newman