[EP-tech] Server and EPrints Upgrade - Problem Highlight libc6 9.2/9.3 (libxml2)

Hi All,

I've had the first Ubuntu upgrade (new server) and started setting up EPrints today.

We're on Ubuntu 20.04 with EPrints 3.4.3.

When trying to install I got this message:

"unable to correct problems you have held broken packages ubuntu 20.04"

This was related to being unable to install libxml2-dev. Following along the dependent packages I got to the "libc6-dev" package. The people in the thread linked below can explain better than I can, but apparently this was my problem:

"libc6-dev : Depends: libc6 (= 2.31-0ubuntu9.2) but 2.31-0ubuntu9.3 is to be installed"

According to that page 9.3 was released and then withdrawn and somehow my newly installed OS has it...

Downgrading to the 9.2 versions of the relevant packages has allowed EPrints to be installed. Thought it might be helpful for anyone who is as uncertain as I am with new installs etc.

Thanks,
James