Re: [EP-tech] Error on New Metadata Field

Hi Izwan,

I was wrong.  It was actually some code I added fairly recently to solve a long standing problem with subject fields.  This problem being that you want to stop people using a particular subject option for future records but you want existing records to still be able to use this option.  Technically, all you should just need to set the subject as undepositable and when the subject field is displayed with the special rendered input, like the Subjects stage of the workflow, this does the job.  (It won't allow you to select it if it is not already selected but it won't unselect it when you save the record).  However, when you have a subject field with the standard select input box, you could deselect these no longer depositable options without realising.  If you are to unset these, you want the user to have deliberately deselected them.

The following GitHub issue deals with this problem:

https://github.com/eprints/eprints3.4/issues/144

I have just pushed the following patch to fix the problem you reported and another I noticed whilst trying to fix this:

https://github.com/eprints/eprints3.4/commit/41f6f199d7abb753a3d180aabde6a0c482825ff8

I will update the EPrints 3.4.3 wiki page [1] to add this patch.

Regards

David Newman

[1] https://wiki.eprints.org/w/EPrints_3.4.3