[EP-tech] Problem after changing port number

I am running an Eprint3 server on ubuntu  jessie. After migrating from a
providers have caught the change, but, as I recently found out, a number
of external sites listing the server still show the previous port number
(8080).

How can I make apache2 redirect the old URL to the present one? I tried
unsuccessfully to use a nginx reverse proxy. It seems I need the
document root of the current installation. How do I find it? Or is there
another method?

Thanks for any advice.
h.h.