[EP-tech] search filter to show only the last version

Hi!

 is there a way to search in Eprints (programmatically, with filters)
and retrieve only the last version of each eprint? I would like to
modify the oai script to get only the last version of an item. BTW, are
the previous versions in eprint marked as "deleted" or is there some
code I can use to mark them as deleted? Thanks!