Re: [EP-tech] login-only repository on Debian10

Hi David,

> I think I have figured out your problem.
no, obviously not :(

> This seems to have been reported here:
> github.com/eprints/eprints/issues/327
yes, I know ... that's why we use a local 'plugin' following
wiki.eprints.org/w/Tips_to_write_plugins ... :)

> On top of making this change, I would advise [to] create the file: ...
following your advice I end up with
[core:error] [pid 1797] [client 172.20.4.237:54751] AH00082: an unknown filter was not added: includes
in apache's log file ... and the same behaviour as before :(

Please replace ptth: by h t t p : / / for the following report:
Starting with the main address ptth:sub.domain.de/ login is requested for on
ptth:sub.domain.de/cgi/users/login?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsub.domain.de%2F
After giving my login credentials I end up on ptth:sub.domain.de/, i.e. an 404 error page, because we have no index.html ... Manual adding to ptth:sub.domain.de/home.html helps finally ;(

When I start the login process with the login link
ptth:sub.domain.de/cgi/users/home the login is presented on ptth:sub.domain.de/cgi/users/login?target=/cgi/users/home
After giving my login credentials I end up on
ptth:sub.domain.de/cgi/users/login?target=%2Fcgi%2Fusers%2Fhome&login_check=1
with the initial uri::_generic error ...
When I insert the hostname address, i.e. using ptth:sub.domain.de/cgi/users/login?target=ptth:sub.domain.de%2Fcgi%2Fusers%2Fhome&login_check=1 instead
I am redirected to ptth:sub.domain.de/cgi/users/home as intended!

As already proposed, I like to focus on the inherent redirection (implemented in Rewrite.pm?), where obviously for some targets the hostname is missing!?

> Hope this helps.
maybe a bit, but unfortunately the final goal isn't reached ...

Again:
> Does the disabling of mod deflate introduce any harm?
> I will check the influence, but what's your opinion?

What next?
Thomas

P.S.: Hopefully the url mangling is once again prevented!?