Re: [EP-tech] Debian9 full-upgrade to Debian10 likes to remove eprints

  • To: David R Newman <drn@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
  • Subject: Re: [EP-tech] Debian9 full-upgrade to Debian10 likes to remove eprints
  • From: <th.lauke@arcor.de>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 16:33:21 +0100

Hi David,

> > and see if there is an eprints dependency not available in Debian 10
> yes, MariaDB is the new default ...
thus keeping/upgrading mysql keeps EPrints alive ...
BTW: a manual install of EPrints 3.4.2 accepts MariaDB!

> I will be back when EPrints is up and running again ... on Debian 10 ... hopefully!
okay, upgrade seems to be done, login page is shown, but then I receive following error:
Can't locate object method "host" via package "URI::_generic" at /usr/share/eprints/cgi/users/login line 16.

I fear it's caused by a still misconfigured hostname of the testing clone ...
But currently I couldn't imagine any missed location :(

So, any helpful idea would be appreciated
Thomas