[EP-tech] DataCite/minting problem

Hi everyone,

I hope we are all in good health and good spirits.

I'm having some difficulty with DataCite minting DOIs for a batch of records I uploaded to our data repository. I was awake until around 3am trying to sort it and did not get far.

These are records I imported myself by parsing an excel spreadsheet, writing the EPrints XML and importing them. I am almost 100% sure that the fault lies with me.

Some are minting and some aren't. I did suspect that it may be characters in the title field such as brackets, colons, hyphens etc. but that doesn't appear to be the case. (Please excuse the state of the abstract pages, I'm working on it.)

Oddly it populates the DOI field and shows on the abstract. The unminted DOIs are not on the DataCite dashboard.

Any pointers would be welcome, otherwise I might need to mint 100 DOIs manually, which I'm not super excited about.

Thanks,
James