[EP-tech] autocomplete based on Sherpa/Romeo

Sherpa/Romeo recently changed their API, with the following note on their site, https://v2.sherpa.ac.uk/api/ : Note that all of our APIs were upgraded between 2017 and 2020, with previous versions being retired.

We were using the API for autocomplete in our repository, along the lines of this documentation: https://wiki.eprints.org/w/Authority_Lists#Creating_Your_Own_Authority_File_.28complex.29
I think our implementation was based on this: http://files.eprints.org/799/ , which makes the statement "It uses current v2.9 RoMEO API", but in fact refers to a different "V2" than the current V2 at Sherpa Romeo.

I am probably not the only one who was using something like this for autocomplete of journal ISSN and publisher policies in their repository.  Even if the old API still responds, it doesn't seem like we should be relying on that, as it seems likely to contain out-of-date info at best.

To address that issue, I re-wrote this script to use the new "V2" api for our repository, and it is working for us.  I decided to make it available on GitHub, to give people a better place to start than from scratch.

Let me know if you think it useful, and if it is, perhaps I could transfer this repository to "eprintsug", so that it can be generalized and improved by the community.

Cheers,

Tomasz

Tomasz Neugebauer
Digital Projects & Systems Development Librarian / Bibliothécaire des Projets Numériques & Développement de Systèmes
Library / Bibliothèque
Concordia University / Université Concordia

Tel. / Tél. 514-848-2424 ext. / poste 7738
Email / courriel:
tomasz.neugebauer@concordia.ca

Mailing address / adresse postale: 1455 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W., LB-540-03, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1M8
Street address / adresse municipale: 1400 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W., LB-540-03, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1M8

library.concordia.ca