Universität Zürich
Stampfenbachstr. 73
CH-8006 Zürich

Inactive hide details for "Martin Braendle via Eprints-tech" ---28.05.2020 12:58:25---Hi John, I have added author affiliations"Martin Braendle via Eprints-tech" ---28.05.2020 12:58:25---Hi John, I have added author affiliations to our ZORA repo. An author may have

Von: "Martin Braendle via Eprints-tech" <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
An: <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, "John Salter" <J.Salter@leeds.ac.uk>
Datum: 28.05.2020 12:58
Betreff: [EP-tech] Antwort: Open Repositories - What have you been doing with EPrints?
Gesendet von: <eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk>

Hi John,

I have added author affiliations to our ZORA repo. An author may have multiple affiliations on a publication (that occurs more often than one thinks), and means had to be sought to link author records because there are no author ids which allow to build a m:n connection table between creators/editors and the affiliation dataset.

The affiliations were fetched using the Scopus Abstract API, for which I had written a ScopusAbstract import plugin. We took Scopus because it had the best coverage of affiliations, far better than Crossref.
About 77K records (half of our repo) now have affiliation data and 465K authors were matched.
About 108K records (75%) have correspondence information, important for OA monitoring.

Example:
https://www.zora.uzh.ch/id/eprint/187687/  (box Authors, Affiliations, Collaborations on the right).

The code is not yet on eprintsug.
There are further plans for using, enhancing (e.g. grid or ROR identifiers) and visualizing this data.

Kind regards,

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Brändle
Zentrale Informatik

Inactive hide details for "John Salter via Eprints-tech" ---28.05.2020 11:16:33---Hi, Next Tuesday there is a 'Repository Rodeo"John Salter via Eprints-tech" ---28.05.2020 11:16:33---Hi, Next Tuesday there is a 'Repository Rodeo' session as part of the Open Repositories online confe