[EP-tech] DSpace Harvester and OAI_Bibliography.pm

Hi everyone...  in attempting to harvest some EPrinst repositories using DSpace harvester, the following issue was reported in 2016:

http://dspace.2283337.n4.nabble.com/Harvesting-EPrints-repository-from-DSpace-td4681086.html

“What happens in this case is that EPrints has more than one entry for the supported metadata formats using OAI_DC (oai_bibl and oai_dc prefixes):

<metadataFormat>
  <metadataPrefix>oai_bibl</metadataPrefix>
  <schema>http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc.xsd</schema>
  <metadataNamespace>http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/</metadataNamespace>
</metadataFormat>
<metadataFormat>
  <metadataPrefix>oai_dc</metadataPrefix>
  <schema>http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc.xsd</schema>
  <metadataNamespace>http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/</metadataNamespace>
</metadataFormat>

DSpace’s harvester is then selecting the first metadataPrefix, i.e. oai_bibl, for which EPrints is returning records with no metadata.”

Someone is having a similar issue now with EPrints repositories, so I’m wondering, is this still an issue, or was there a fix/modification added to EPrints for this?

I haven’t tried the solution to remove OAI_Bibliography.pm from the core files…

Tomasz