From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of David R Newman via Eprints-tech <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 5:45 PM
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>; Matthew Brady <Matthew.Brady@usq.edu.au>
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] Apache and PerlSwitches

Hi Matt,

It is possible the module is installed but not loaded.  You can check by running one of the following commands:

RedHat/CentOS/Fedora: httpd -M

Debian/Ubuntu: source /etc/apache2/envvars && apache2 -M

You should see perl_module in the list returned.  My general experience is that Mod Perl is enabled automatically on RedHat-based Linux OS but often you need to run "a2enmod perl" on Debian based systems.  On RedHat based systems there should be the file /etc/httpd/conf.modules.d/02-perl.conf that loads Mod Perl.  On Debian-based systems there should be a symlinked file in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/ called perl.load that symlinks to /etc/apache2/mods-available/perl.load.

Regards

David Newman