My motivation behind it is personally to get to grips with as many popular APIs as I can and to make our publications not just available, but publicised as much as possible. I also want an excuse to make an EPrints plugin so that I can actually contribute to the community instead of just taking from it as I have so far!

Thanks,
James

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 1:17 PM <martin.braendle@uzh.ch> wrote:

Hi James,

interesting idea. What is the motivation and what do you expect from posting 6000 tweets anually from UoL repo?

Kind regards,

Martin

Inactive hide details for "James Kerwin via Eprints-tech" ---16.01.2020 12:58:41---Hi Adam, I don't usually use GitHub, but I'v"James Kerwin via Eprints-tech" ---16.01.2020 12:58:41---Hi Adam, I don't usually use GitHub, but I've given myself a refresher /crash course.

Von: "James Kerwin via Eprints-tech" <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
An: adam@adamfield.net
Kopie: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Datum: 16.01.2020 12:58
Betreff: Re: [EP-tech] User Roles
Gesendet von: <eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk>

Hi Adam,

I don't usually use GitHub, but I've given myself a refresher /crash course.

https://github.com/jkerwin22/uolrepo_test/tree/master/cfg/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Event
https://github.com/jkerwin22/uolrepo_test/blob/master/cfg/cfg.d/twitter_v2_2.pl

I've included a "sub bish" in the TwitterEvent.pm which was to test if this file was being reached at all, with the hope that it would add a unique/nonsense string to my error log. This didn't work.

Whatever mistake I've made, it must be incredibly basic. I was under no illusion that the plugin would be correct first time (it's almost certainly got errors), but I would expect the nonsense text to reach the error log so I can at least know that it's trying to run my script.

Thanks,
James