[EP-tech] EPrints Data Repository - Elements RT2

Hi James,
At the moment RT2 can only support one repository ? supposed to be fixed this year. We have a full text repo, and a separate data repo, so Data Repo integration is on hold.  We have implemented RT2 from scratch on a new Elements implementation.  Harvest is working well.  Deposit is still a one-shot affair: subsequent updates are likewise still in the pipeline, so in terms of Deposit, RT2 is currently a step backwards, as I understand it.  If you want to carry over Elements links to authors into Eprints, it only works for those that have been claimed at the time of first deposit, and as there is no subsequent update as yet, subsequent author claims are not mirrored to Eprints.  We are told this is a high Development Priority, but it hasn?t happened yet.  Once it does, presumably all the later author claims will catch up on eprints.

I?ve no experience of RT1 so I can?t give detailed comparisons.  I can go into more detail about crosswalks and things if you like, but those seem to be the crucial points in terms of migrating from RT1, as I understand it, and as regards supporting multiple repos.

Best Wishes

Andy
Andy Reid
Research Information Manager
Room K/172a
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Keppel St, LONDON, WC1E 7HT
0207-927-2618 (Internal/Teleworker x2618)

[cid:image001.png at 01D4DF0A.3BF20210]elements.lshtm.ac.uk<https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Felements.lshtm.ac.uk%2F&amp;data=01%7C01%7Ceprints-tech%40ecs.soton.ac.uk%7Ceee086799f4146e5242308d6ad2c1cef%7C4a5378f929f44d3ebe89669d03ada9d8%7C0&amp;sdata=pv6dN2kiaQB%2BpwxXl00fymrbprXLac73oeX8eqpOl6o%3D&amp;reserved=0>