[EP-tech] Workflows involving other users

Hi Stefan,
It's not simple to do this, but it would be possible.

When you create a record, do you have the information about which user should perform each role? E.g.
student = user A
supervisor = user B
examiner = user C

If so, you could make different workflows (or different workflow stages) for each role - and use some logic like:
If current_user.userid = eprint.supervisorid show supervisor stage.

If your processes are more sequential like:
Student adds data, sends it to supervisor.
Supervisor adds data, sends it to examiner.
Examiner adds data sends it to Research Office.
Research Office makes item live.
then you may want to add additional eprint_status values, and base interactions on that (have a look on the EPrints wiki for 'dark archive' for an example).

I can provide more info on the above options.