[EP-tech] GDPR and the "Request a copy" button

Hello,
I think there was some mention of GDPR on this list last year, but I'm struggling to see how to actually search the list archive (http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/pipermail/eprints-tech/). I
 know also that this was a topic at the EPrints user group meeting within the Repository Fringe event in Edinburgh last summer - but I'm not aware of any further information emerging from that session either.
And finally - I am familiar with this page and its contents - but there are still quite a lot of items marked as "TO DO", including the section "Request a copy Dataset": https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwiki.eprints.org%2Fw%2FGDPR&data=01%7C01%7Ceprints-tech%40ecs.soton.ac.uk%7C2244dfe79ece4a65479b08d6929f11a2%7C4a5378f929f44d3ebe89669d03ada9d8%7C1&sdata=FNGIfBFWNZ2TY2BIfmDoEckhosz1yFfKG5SB5heFFrc%3D&reserved=0

My question is this: Would anyone on this list be willing to share with me what they consider the legal basis to be for processing personal data which is received when a user selects the "Request a copy" button, and fills in their contact details etc.? I realise that each institution makes a decision on which of the 6 legal bases it chooses for each of its processing activities - so I'm interested (on or off-list!) to know what colleagues think, and / or what you have stated in your privacy notices!

With many thanks in advance for considering my request   :-)

Best wishes,

Nicola

Nicola Siminson
Institutional Repository and Records Manager
The Glasgow School of Art
n.siminson at gsa.ac.uk<mailto:n.siminson at gsa.ac.uk>