[EP-tech] Open graph Tags

Hi All,

Has anybody attempted to use Open Graph tags in EPrints to facilitate sharing links on social media?

I'm attempting it now and I can get it to work on EPrint abstracts, but not on the repository home page. On the latter I'm getting a title different to my test title and an image that isn't the one I stipulate.

For example, my Test versions of the og tags are:

I have included these in my default.xml template. This allows the link to be shown with the correct title and image for abstracts. Unfortunately it doesn't work for the home page, so I inserted these tags into my index.xpage which doesn't seem to have worked either. When sharing a link to the home page it shows me the title of the page that exists between the <title></title> tags in default.xml and the first image that occurs in index.xpage.

I've tried putting the OG tags in different places, restarting the server after changes and removing the previously mentioned <title></title> tags to see what happens and no success so I'm assuming it might be a quirk of EPrints? Or am I putting these in the wrong place? I appreciate it's a broad question as we all have different tags etc in our various files, but if anybody can shed any light on this I would be really grateful.

When I started this earlier I thought it wouldn't take long as it's not particularly difficult, how wrong I was!

Thanks,
James