It seemed that the EPrints application was faster than the sync process between master and slave server. Cache table was written to master and Eprints tried to query the cache table from slave before it was synced from master.

Best regards,

Martin

Inactive hide details for "martin.braendle--- via Eprints-tech" ---07.02.2019 09:50:09---Hi, we had recently migrated our test "martin.braendle--- via Eprints-tech" ---07.02.2019 09:50:09---Hi, we had recently migrated our test environment to a MariaDB Master/Slave

Von: "martin.braendle--- via Eprints-tech" <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
An: "Eprints Tech" <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Datum: 07.02.2019 09:50
Betreff: [EP-tech] EPrints and MariaDB / MaxScale
Gesendet von: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk

Hi,

we had recently migrated our test environment to a MariaDB Master/Slave setup including a MariaDB MaxScale load balancer that distributes queries to the slave and master.
We observe some strange behaviour and we guess it has to do with that EPrints creates cache tables.

Before, we had a MySQL Master/Slave setup, but without load balancer. All queries were routed to the master. The slave was just used for backup. Everything worked fine for years.

Are there any experiences and recommendations with a loadbalanced database setup in the EPrints community?

Thanks,

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Brändle