[EP-tech] EPrints and MariaDB / MaxScale

Hi,

we had recently migrated our test environment to a MariaDB Master/Slave setup including a MariaDB MaxScale load balancer that distributes queries to the slave and master.
We observe some strange behaviour and we guess it has to do with that EPrints creates cache tables.

Before, we had a MySQL Master/Slave setup, but without load balancer. All queries were routed to the master. The slave was just used for backup. Everything worked fine for years.

Are there any experiences and recommendations with a loadbalanced database setup in the EPrints community?

Thanks,

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Brändle