[EP-tech] Translations and xpages

Hi,

thanks for the quick response.

At least in the way I understand it, I very much disagree about the
"significantly increased complexity". Could you please elaborate on that
or correct my assumptions below?

Agreed, switching from the current to a different design would mean
quite some work - and I am not demanding that. Anyone having a multilang
instance is of course free to do it on their own and so are we. (Maybe
better language handling would increase the number of multilang
instances...?)

However, having said that, the only "negative" effect of the suggested
design would be that we'd have one more file max per static page. One
could of course use one dedicated "phrases/static.xml" file, which would
mean only one more file per language.
Sure, for english-only repos that means doubling from one to two files,
but I don't see that as overly complex. On the other hand, the suggested
design reduces complexity and improves maintainability for every
language added. And it seems to work fine for e.g. PKP's OJS and other
projects.

I see a practical problem in having several places where xpages can be
placed (under "cfg/lang/xy/static" and under "cfg/static"). That might
make things confusing. But other than that I don't see much of a
problem. Can you help me understand your concerns?

Best regards,
Dennis

--
Dennis M?ller