[EP-tech] Translations and xpages

Hi everyone,

is there a sepcific reason why every language gets to have its own xpage
files with hardcoded text instead of having one central file containing
phrase references which could then be placed in the respective lang
directory?

Example:

Currently we're having
- eprints3/archives/archivename/cfg/lang/en/static/help.xpage
- eprints3/archives/archivename/cfg/lang/de/static/help.xpage
- eprints3/archives/archivename/cfg/lang/anyotherlang/static/help.xpage
that all provide structure and translation for the help page. If we were
to redesign the help page, we would have to change all the above files
accordingly.

So instead, couldn't we have only one file at
eprints3/archives/archivename/cfg/static/help.xpage that provides the
structure and contains phrase refs (instead of "hard" text) that would
be provided from
- eprints3/archives/archivename/cfg/lang/en/phrases/help.xml
- eprints3/archives/archivename/cfg/lang/de/phrases/help.xml
- eprints3/archives/archivename/cfg/lang/anyotherlang/phrases/help.xml?

This way, structural changes would apply to all languages at once,
improving maintainability. The same goes for all plugins providing some
sort of static pages.

Any thoughts on this?

Best regards
Dennis