[EP-tech] Ubuntu 18 , mpm_prefork vs mpm_event

We are in the process of migrating our repository (3.3.12) from Ubuntu 12 to 18.  We had to make a few changes/patches based on commits related to these issues:

https://github.com/eprints/eprints/issues/236

https://github.com/eprints/eprints/issues/237

https://github.com/eprints/eprints/issues/214

https://github.com/eprints/eprints/issues/88

One remaining issue of confusion for me: apache refuses to start when we have mpm_event enabled, which is, from what I am told, the default for Ubuntu 18.04.  When we switch to mpm_prefork, it all seems to work as it should.  Is anyone else running EPrints 3.3.12-3.3.16  on Ubuntu 18.04?  Are you running with mpm_event enabled (you can check this with this command: apachectl -V | grep -i mpm).  Any comments or advice on this?  Should we be trying to get this to work with mpm_event, or should we just use mpm_prefork, since that is working?  Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Tomasz