Re: [EP-tech] Eprints-Elements and the "ę"

They're in the Author field. When this author has been included for other articles in the past those letters have been omitted.

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 2:04 PM John Salter <J.Salter@leeds.ac.uk> wrote:

Are these characters in the filename, or in the author field for the record to which the document is being uploaded?

From: James Kerwin [mailto:jkerwin2101@gmail.com]
Sent: 13 November 2018 13:59
To: John Salter <J.Salter@leeds.ac.uk>
Cc: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] Eprints-Elements and the "ę"

Hi John,

It was mostly trial and error using the pointers you gave me the first time I had upload trouble (upload a plain text file with a simple filename etc). It let me upload it with me as the author which is when I looked towards the "special" characters.

I've just done another upload on Test straight to EPrints (going around Elements and RT1/Crosswalks) including the author with special characters. It turns out there's both an "ę" and a "ł" (I thought it was an L, but it has a wiggle through the middle). Both letters by themselves cause the error (e.g. remove the ę it still happens, remove the ł it still happens, remove both and it's fine).

The upload straight to EPrints didn't work. When I clicked next it gave me the error below (not sure how this mailing list handles images). When I exchanged the characters for their more typical counterparts it went on without issue.

image.png

I'm not an expert, but I suspect now that this may be more a server issue than specifically EPrints as I would expect EPrints to refuse to save it or give me an EPrints-style warning.

Thanks,

James