[EP-tech] Eprints-Elements and the "ę"

Hi all,

We have Elements and EPrints. Recently an article couldn't be uploaded to EPrints from Elements. After a fair bit of messing around, I've worked out the letter "ę" is preventing the file upload (I removed the author with this letter and the file went on without a problem).

Unfortunately, this means the problem is with EPrints. Does anybody know of a straight-forward way of getting this to work without necessarily changing the spelling of the author's name?

I found this which I think might be my answer, but we're using 3.3.14 so maybe there is another solution?

All advice and guidance greatly appreciated as ever!

Thanks,
James