[EP-tech] Phrases, Pins and If

James, if that?s a copy-paste from your phrase file then the quotes look very unbalanced in the ?if?s ?  some may need backslash delimiting or swapping with single quotes?
Not actually sure if what you?re trying to do is feasible, but hopefully it helps?

Alan

From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of James Kerwin via Eprints-tech
Sent: 04 October 2018 10:18
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Phrases, Pins and If

Hi All,

I'm looking for some guidance with this problem:

I have an EPrints phrase that uses pins. I can see where the pins are set up and create my own, so I could solve this using Perl.

I want to include a condition in my phrase that depends on the value contained in the pin. Example:

<epp:phrase id="eprint_thesis_notify_mail">
The embargo period has been set at: <epc:pin name="emperiod" /> with the reason being given as testZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZtest:<br/>
<epc:if test="emreason = ''"> No reason has been provided.</epc:if>
<epc:if test="<epc:pin name='emreason' /> != ''"> <epc:pin name="emreason" /> <br/><br/></epc:if>
</epp:phrase>

I've used different format in each IF. I comment one out depending on which I'm testing. The second one won't work which I'm not surprised about). The pin in question is this "emreason" pin. Importantly, the phrase is in the perl script like this:

$mail = $repo->html_phrase( "eprint_thesis_notify_mail", %pins );

I could do what I need in the Perl script, but this seems like a good chance to become more familiar with phrases, plus I want to use a similar set-up for another idea I have.

If anybody could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
James
-- The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302). The Open University is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to its secondary activity of credit broking.