From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of James Kerwin
Sent: 15 August 2018 10:20
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Multiple Uploaded Files in One Directory

Morning all,

I'm very new to the world of EPrints and I'm still getting to grips with it.

I was alerted to a problem today where a file uploaded to Eprints is giving a "404 File not Found" warning when attempting to view/download the document.

On the repository server the document is present but appears in the same directory as another document (which can be accessed through eprints). There is then a a third document in a second directory that can be accessed.

Looking in the database I can see that all three documents are public and should be accessible.

As I understand it, the URL matches the file structure as:

And on the server are stored somewhere in the Eprints directory as:

[EP/ri/nt/sI/d]/DocPos/document.pdf

As in a one-to-one between DocPos and doc name (I've looked at some other examples with more than 2 documents in one EPrint and each one follows this so far).

Firstly, are my assumptions correct?

Has anybody had a similar thing happen before?

Thanks,

James

-- The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302). The Open University is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to its secondary activity of credit broking.