Re: [EP-tech] Import by DOI in ORCID plugin

Hi Alan,

Am 04.07.2018 um 18:00 schrieb Alan.Stiles:
I could be wrong, but I think what it does is replace the existing import from DOI option in the user work area, with a version that handles the return data from crossref which contains an ORCID id and populates the relevant author/editor fields with this in the publication record.

This functionality (ORCIDs in normal DOI import) works (also it is not documented in the wiki), but isn't this what the file https://github.com/eprints/orcid_support_advance/blob/master/lib/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Import/OrcidDOI.pm is doing?

I glanced at the code a little closer and it seems to me, that the reference render_import_doi function is not called anywhere. The actual import statements could be the lines https://github.com/eprints/orcid_support_advance/blob/24458dd57a8bf651fc3998db7d74547cc86fdaa7/lib/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Screen/ImportFromOrcid.pm#L134-L163 , which are possibly unfinished and commented out? However, this is mostly guessing, because I am not used to read perl code.

Best regards,
Philipp