[EP-tech] orcid advance plugin

We currently have ORCID Support plugin, and have been collecting creator ORCIDs for a while.

I would like to have a good understanding of what happens to the existing ORCIDs in our CREATOR field once the ORCID advance plugin is installed.  What is the relationship between the user ORCID field, and the creator ORCID field? Will the existing ORCIDs stored in our CREATOR field be wiped out?  Is there any way to save these?

I know that when PLOS One upgraded their ORCID integration, they sent out emails where I had to re-authenticate and grant permission for my ORCID that I had previously copy-pasted in.  Is that something that we need to set up for our transition  to ORCID Advance?

Tomasz

Tomasz Neugebauer
Digital Projects & Systems Development Librarian / Bibliothécaire des Projets Numériques & Développement de Systèmes
Library / Bibliothèque
Concordia University / Université Concordia

Tel. / Tél. 514-848-2424 ext. / poste 7738
Email / courriel:
tomasz.neugebauer@concordia.ca

Mailing address / adresse postale: 1455 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W., LB-540-03, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1M8
Street address / adresse municipale: 1400 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W., LB-540-03, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1M8

library.concordia.ca