[EP-tech] Digital Collections and Preservation Technologist - opportunity at University of Liverpool

Hello everyone!

[With apologies for the copious cross-posting if you’ve already seen this multiple times from Martin!]

The advert for my job is now live – feel free to get in touch if you’d like to discuss informally, otherwise read on… formal enquiries etc should go to Martin as this is my last week in post!

------

University of Liverpool has an exciting opportunity for a new colleague to drive the development of our digital collections and preservation work.

Working primarily with our University Repository, Data Catalogue, and Current Research Information System, the Digital Collections and Preservation Technologist will:

·         develop, maintain and test the University Repository, Data Catalogue and associated software;

·         work closely with other departments, particular Computing Services and Research Policy, to ensure close integration of these systems with the Current Research Information System;

·         contribute to ensuring the impact and preservation of University of Liverpool research outputs.

You will likely be involved in improving access to and preservation of other born digital items, and developing services such as data mining for discovery, API design, and implementation of digital preservation solutions.

You will be an experienced software developer with knowledge of Perl (or multiple related languages), Apache, relational databases and web technologies. You should have a degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or have proven experience of software development in a research environment. Ideally you will also demonstrate knowledge of the scholarly publishing environment, and knowledge of digital preservation as it relates to archive collections would be an advantage.

For full details head to https://recruit.liverpool.ac.uk and search by job reference 009315. Closing date is 30th May, with interviews intended to be held week starting 11th June.

With best wishes

Martin

Martin Wolf | Research Support Lead | Sydney Jones Library | Libraries, Museums and Galleries | University of Liverpool | PO Box 123 | Liverpool |  L69 3DA | email: Martin.Wolf@liverpool.ac.uk | Tel: 01517942683

Follow us: @LivUniLibrary & @LivUniOA Like us: LivUniLibraryVisit us: http://www.liverpool.ac.uk/library

Special Collections & Archives blog: http://manuscriptsandmore.liv.ac.uk

Victoria Gallery and Museumhttp://vgm.liverpool.ac.uk