Re: [EP-tech] Manage deposits page loads very slow

They are not the same mysql version, 5.1 on the old VM and 5.7 on the new one. It seems that the mysql on the old VM has MyISAM as the default engine, while the new VM has InnoDB as default. Although almost all tables on the DB are using MyISAM.

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 12:31 PM John Salter <J.Salter@leeds.ac.uk> wrote:
Is the version of MySQL the same on both VMs?
Do they have the same default engine (e.g. myISAM or InnoDB)?

From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of Yuri <yurj@alfa.it>
Sent: 21 May 2018 09:55:59
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] Manage deposits page loads very slow

Enable sql logging on mysql and write down the queries it does when
using Manage Deposits. Then disable logging and you can test directly
the queries looking for mysql bottlenecks.

Is the disk enough fast in the new vm? Is there any difference if you
shut down the indexer? Did you migrate also the index database or the
indexer is still running to reindex everything?