From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of John Salter
Sent: March 6, 2018 2:22 AM
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] Installing ORCID Support plugin

Hi Tomasz,

One thing to check - the ORCID field may store the values differently to how you store them (e.g. as 19 characters vs a full URI).

I don’t think changing the field type would alter the table in any way, but if you store it as anything other than 0000-1234-1234-123X, I think you'll get validation warnings from:

https://github.com/eprints/orcid_support/blob/master/lib/plugins/EPrints/MetaField/Orcid.pm#L117-L149

PS there is a minor update (css styling) and a pull-request to render the links over https in the GitHub version that hasn't been included in a Bazaar version yet.