[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Multiple Uploaded Files in One Directory
- Subject: [EP-tech] Multiple Uploaded Files in One Directory
- From: alan.stiles at open.ac.uk (Alan.Stiles)
- Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 10:07:41 +0000
- In-reply-to: <EMEW3|65a69e9e8ded61019fb5e0cfee32ca2cu7EAKY14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|CAKkNZ9D1k1EU7iccs8=Wp5x_+hqiAYFmXu2r+-_m=wmGDFo22Q@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAKkNZ9D1k1EU7iccs8=Wp5x_+hqiAYFmXu2r+-_m=wmGDFo22Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAKkNZ9D1k1EU7iccs8=Wp5x_+hqiAYFmXu2r+-_m=wmGDFo22Q@mail.gmail.com> <EMEW3|65a69e9e8ded61019fb5e0cfee32ca2cu7EAKY14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|CAKkNZ9D1k1EU7iccs8=Wp5x_+hqiAYFmXu2r+-_m=wmGDFo22Q@mail.gmail.com> <VI1PR0402MB372821C996EAC05C43EB1A7ACA3F0@VI1PR0402MB3728.eurprd04.prod.outlook.com>
Yes ? we?ve seen it before, and reported it ? it seems to happen occasionally when multiple items are uploaded simultaneously and don?t get put in their separate directory.
The fudgy solution I?ve used in the past when I find them is to copy (scp ?) the inaccessible file out of the directory structure, then re-upload it to the item via the repository interface where it should then be put in its own directory.
Hope that helps a little?
From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of James Kerwin
Sent: 15 August 2018 10:20
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Multiple Uploaded Files in One Directory
I'm very new to the world of EPrints and I'm still getting to grips with it.
I was alerted to a problem today where a file uploaded to Eprints is giving a "404 File not Found" warning when attempting to view/download the document.
On the repository server the document is present but appears in the same directory as another document (which can be accessed through eprints). There is then a a third document in a second directory that can be accessed.
Looking in the database I can see that all three documents are public and should be accessible.
As I understand it, the URL matches the file structure as:
And on the server are stored somewhere in the Eprints directory as:
As in a one-to-one between DocPos and doc name (I've looked at some other examples with more than 2 documents in one EPrint and each one follows this so far).
Firstly, are my assumptions correct?
Has anybody had a similar thing happen before?
-- The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302). The Open University is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to its secondary activity of credit broking.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...