[EP-tech] Multiple Uploaded Files in One Directory

Morning all,

I'm very new to the world of EPrints and I'm still getting to grips with it.

I was alerted to a problem today where a file uploaded to Eprints is giving
a "404 File not Found" warning when attempting to view/download the
document.

On the repository server the document is present but appears in the same
directory as another document (which can be accessed through eprints).
There is then a a third document in a second directory that can be accessed.

Looking in the database I can see that all three documents are public and
should be accessible.

As I understand it, the URL matches the file structure as:

www.[repository_name].com/[EPrintID]/[DocPos]/[DocName]

And on the server are stored somewhere in the Eprints directory as:

[EP/ri/nt/sI/d]/DocPos/document.pdf

As in a one-to-one between DocPos and doc name (I've looked at some other
examples with more than 2 documents in one EPrint and each one follows this
so far).

Firstly, are my assumptions correct?
Has anybody had a similar thing happen before?

Thanks,
James