[EP-tech] How to search the rindex not the field

Hi all,

Sure I’m missing the obvious somewhere but I have a custom metdata field on the eprint, set as type text with text_index => 1 set.  The values appear to be getting added to the eprint__rindex table but doing simple or advanced searches still cause eprints to create an SQL searching for the field directly with field = ‘search_string_value’ which is case sensitive and missing the capitalised entries if you search for the lower case version – i.e.  searching for “apples” doesn’t find “Apples”

Any clues how to make the search use the rindex table rather than the field value?

Cheers,

Alan

-- The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302). The Open University is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to its secondary activity of credit broking.