Re: [EP-tech] RIOXX2 question

I think RIOXX has a controlled vocabulary for licenses, and ‘license_map’ is a lookup table to convert your local license captions into ones that RIOXX recognises.  I guess you could extend the lookup table to cover whatever values you are using.

This is just from memory of looking at the RIOXX code a few weeks ago – feel free to shoot me down.

Andy

From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Andrew Beeken
Sent: 03 November 2017 14:55
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] RIOXX2 question

Hey all,

Currently configuring the RIOXX2 plugin and I hit an issue with the code that derives the license from the record. I’ve resolved it but I wanted to check to see if there was any problem with the way that I resolved it, as I’m not 100% sure what the original code was trying to do. The problem seemed to come from these lines:

my $license = $document->repository->config( "rioxx2", "license_map", $document->value( "license" ) );

return { undef } unless $license;

Which was always returning undef. I tweaked it to:

my $license = $document->value( "license" );

return { undef } unless $license;

Which returns the actual license and gives me an entry in RIOXX, however – is the $document->repository->config… part of the original line doing something specific that the corrected version is not that could cause me problems further down  the line?

Cheers!

Andrew

TEF Gold

The University of Lincoln, located in the heart of the city of Lincoln, has established an international reputation based on high student satisfaction, excellent graduate employment and world-class research.

The University may monitor email traffic data and content in accordance with its policies and English law. Further information can be found at: http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/legal.