Re: [EP-tech] Problem with searching for names starting with Ö

Thanks for the replies. Sounds very much like I can make one audience happy but only at the expense of another one! I will try overriding the values I need to change.

Liam
From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of Christopher Gutteridge <cjg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Sent: 24 October 2017 15:29
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk; Gerhard Gonter
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] Problem with searching for names starting with Ö

If you do want to hack that list, you should be able to modify it by
tweaking values via a config file. It's just a global variable.

$EPrints::Index::FREETEXT_CHAR_MAPPING->{chr(0x00d6)} = "O";

Would override the behaviour. It would do it for all repositories
loaded, if your EPrints happened to run multiple archives off of one server.

nb. it should also be set for  chr(0x00f6) => 'oe', which is the
lowercase version!

Christopher Gutteridge -- http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/cjg

University of Southampton Open Data Service: http://data.southampton.ac.uk/
You should read our Web & Data Innovation blog: http://blogs.ecs.soton.ac.uk/webteam/