[EP-tech] Apache log getting a lot of errors and Mysql Going away

Hi all,

Thank you for your advice.  I have noticed something in my error log.  The "connection abort" errors always happen at the same intervals...

Here's a look at a part of my log:

[Mon Mar 27 13:38:11 2017] [error] Software caused connection abort at /eprints3/cgi/exportview line 108.\n
[Mon Mar 27 13:39:55 2017] [error] Software caused connection abort at /eprints3/cgi/exportview line 108.\n
[Mon Mar 27 13:40:10 2017] [error] Software caused connection abort at /eprints3/cgi/exportview line 108.\n
[Mon Mar 27 13:41:55 2017] [error] Software caused connection abort at /eprints3/cgi/exportview line 108.\n
[Mon Mar 27 13:42:11 2017] [error] Software caused connection abort at /eprints3/cgi/exportview line 108.\n
[Mon Mar 27 13:43:54 2017] [error] Software caused connection abort at /eprints3/cgi/exportview line 108.\n
[Mon Mar 27 13:44:10 2017] [error] Software caused connection abort at /eprints3/cgi/exportview line 108.\n
[Mon Mar 27 13:45:53 2017] [error] Software caused connection abort at /eprints3/cgi/exportview line 108.\n
[Mon Mar 27 13:46:10 2017] [error] Software caused connection abort at /eprints3/cgi/exportview line 108.\n

There's 2 recurring time gaps (1 min 45 secs then 15 secs then it starts over.)

I'm a little lost where I should look to pinpoint what is causing this...

I looked at my crons jobs and nothing there.

All help is appreciated!

Thank you again!

Mathieu Perron
Charg? de projet informatique et technologique

De : eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] De la part de Matthew Kerwin
Envoy? : 27 mars 2017 07:06
? : eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Objet : Re: [EP-tech] Apache log getting a lot of errors and Mysql Going away

Yeah, for what it's worth we've had a history of these sorts of errors. Eventually I resolved a lot of it by reducing the number of Apache processes and recycling them a little more aggressively.  In our case, it was a choice between: a few failed connects, or a lot of successful connects that don't go anywhere.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

Cheers
--
Matthew Kerwin  |  Senior Web Developer  |  Applications & Development <https://wiki.qut.edu.au/display/lib/Digital+Repository+Team>