Re: [EP-tech] Document upload folder permissions

Hi
are you using a red hat variant and is SELinux enabled? Is so try disabling SELinux.
Thanks
Peter

On 10/08/17 09:44, Andrew Beeken wrote:
Hello all,

I’m taking advice on this from a couple of places so apologies for cross
posting – I’m having a funny one with file uploads in my new EPrints
instance. Documents just will not upload to records and I think it might
be a permissions thing. I’ve checked with our ICT department and there
are no firewall restrictions on the server. When I try to upload the
document in the workflow, I get a progress bar briefly and then nothing
– no metadata fields for the file, no confirmation that it’s even
uploaded. I check the folder structure and there’s nothing there. The
perms on the documents folder are chowned by eprints:eprints, chmodded
to 2775 – both recursively. I’ve set apache to run as eprints:eprints,
restarted apache, checked that the process is definitely running as
eprints, even restarted the browser. Still nothing. I’m not sure where
to go from here!

Andrew

TEF Gold <http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/opendays>

*The University of Lincoln, located in the heart of the city of Lincoln,
has established an international reputation based on high student
satisfaction, excellent graduate employment and world-class research.*

The information in this e-mail and any attachments may be confidential.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender
immediately and remove it from your system. Do not disclose the contents
to another person or take copies.

Email is not secure and may contain viruses. The University of Lincoln
makes every effort to ensure email is sent without viruses, but cannot
guarantee this and recommends recipients take appropriate precautions.

The University may monitor email traffic data and content in accordance
with its policies and English law. Further information can be found at:
http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/legal.