[EP-tech] [Eprints 3.3.4] Plugin doesn't work on OAI-PMH push: OpenAire upgrade attempt to 3.0 compliance

Yay! Glad we got there in the end!

My approach to this would have been slightly different.

I would have used the plugin alias technique (see: https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/3.3/lib/defaultcfg/cfg.d/plugins.pl#L46-L54) to get the new plugin to respond where the old one would normally respond.

If the new plugin will be used by multiple archives, create it in lib/plugins/.

If it will be used by one archive, but under an EPrints install that runs multiple archives, I'd add the archiveid to the package name e.g. EPrints::Plugin::Export::Fedoa_OAI_DC.

The plugin alias would then look like (e.g. in z_oai.pl):

# make the new plugin respond where the OAI_DC plugin would normally respond
$c->{plugin_alias_map}->{"Export::OAI_DC"} = "Export::Fedoa_OAI_DC";
# 'hide' the new plugin - so it doesn't appear as an alternative to the overloaded plugin
$c->{plugin_alias_map}->{"Export::Fedoa_OAI_DC"} = undef;

The config above would map the alias the plugin only for the archive with this config applied.

As always, there are many ways to do things - I'm not suggesting my approach is better - just a different way of achieving the same thing.

I hope the process of debugging was useful - I find this type of thing really good to help understand how the software works!