[EP-tech] HTTPS part not working.

Dear Community,

I installed EPrints Software on GNU/Linux Debian 3.16.43-2
I used the default Apache/2.4.10 which comes with this OS.

The installation was without any issues so far and I include the necessary apache.conf

When I open a browser I get the main page. There I can click on the links in the middle part of the screen.
But when I click on “Login” or “create Account” I get redirected to HTTPS and I get the error “The requested URL /cgi/users/home was not found on this server”.
I defined a cgi-bin session in sites-available/default-ssl.conf like this:
                ScriptAlias /cgi/ /usr/share/eprints3/cgi/
                <Directory "/usr/share/eprints3/cgi">
                         AllowOverride None
                         Options +ExecCGI +FollowSymLinks
                         Require all granted
                </Directory>

But then I see the content of the file but it's not executed. I tried some other includes as it is done for the non-SSL part but this doesn’t work.

Any ideas what I can do to bring it up and running ?

Kind regards
Hans