From: <eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of Matthew Kerwin <matthew.kerwin at qut.edu.au>
Date: Wednesday, 1 March 2017 01:25
To: "eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk" <eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] What's the ideal method for importing records

I can?t speak to ?best practice?, but we often have to do bulk imports/updates over dozens or hundreds of records.

Usually our data people give me a spreadsheet (they have templates for common sets of fields for common actions), which I convert to EPrintsXML using an arcane mix of scripts and manual tweaks, and then import using bin/import

Lots of --parse-only is used.

Cheers
--
Matthew Kerwin<http://staff.qut.edu.au/details?id=kerwinm> | ITS-EIS:AS:LS | KG-SYN<https://map.what3words.com/cards.reader.steer> | QUT