[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] technical question: one archive with two domains
- Subject: [EP-tech] technical question: one archive with two domains
- From: Dan.Stieneke at ARS.USDA.GOV (Stieneke, Dan)
- Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 23:15:40 +0000
- In-reply-to: <EMEW3|aca501707e2fc8fffffb500327af0b53y0GC2g14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|CABvrU__+bN6KYbbBsVfnHQgcy6+PzFz6GjgjPfM=35+xiZgiPQ@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CABvrU__+bN6KYbbBsVfnHQgcy6+PzFz6GjgjPfM=35+xiZgiPQ@mail.gmail.com> <EMEW3|aca501707e2fc8fffffb500327af0b53y0GC2g14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|CABvrU__+bN6KYbbBsVfnHQgcy6+PzFz6GjgjPfM=35+xiZgiPQ@mail.gmail.com>
We use apache mod_substitute to enable use of two domain names for our repository, but it?s a low-traffic site. It?s very easy, but if you get a lot of traffic it?s probably not a good idea.
Also, be sure to read Brian Moon?s comment about ?AddOutputFilterByType INFLATE;SUBSTITUTE;DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml? on the documentation page https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_substitute.html
Having eprints use relative rather than absolute URLs would be a better solution. Please post to the list if you figure it out.
USDA - ARS - NWISRL
3793 N 3600 E
Kimberly, ID 83341
From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Thorsten B?lo
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 5:01 AM
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] technical question: one archive with two domains
I have a problem with our running eprints archive:
It is necessary to access the same archive using two different
domains, so I configured two apache.conf include files with different
domains using the same 'PerlSetVar EPrints_ArchiveID'. This works fine
- both domains point to the same archive - but the html files
generated by eprints include hardlinks to the first domain. Is there
any option to make eprints using links to relative URLs? Or is there another way
to solve my problem?
It would be great if you had some suggestions.
Thank you very much,
University of Cologne
Institut f?r Informatik
This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...