Re: [EP-tech] Installing ePrints 3.3.15 on CentOS7 error

--------------------

Tried sending this yesterday with an RPM attached - which looks like it's got stuck somewhere in email-land.

Here it is again - without the attachment (if you want the rpm, ask me!)

-------------------

Hi Mathieu,

I've been looking at the exact same issue - when trying to provision a Vagrant machine on CentOS 7.

In the past, EPrints services have hosted some required packages at http://rpm.eprints.org/, but this doesn't seem to have been updated for a while [EPrints/Southampton - any comment on this?]

You can install this package from CPAN, but I wanted to do this via yum too.  The solution I came up with was to use 'fpm' (https://github.com/jordansissel/fpm) to package the CPAN module as an RPM.

Attached is the resulting file - which may be of use to you.

If you are migrating an existing repository, be aware of any differences between Apache 2.2 and 2.4 (the default with CentOS 7), and check your config files against the most recent - especially <eprints_root>/archives/<archive>/cfg/cfg.d/security.pl.

This is good to know about: https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/392474eec1b8125a66ed2d3e12b02aeb67dc07c4/perl_lib/EPrints/Repository.pm#L428-L468

And these are useful background to Apache2.4:

https://github.com/eprints/eprints/issues/322

https://github.com/eprints/eprints/issues/214

https://github.com/eprints/eprints/issues/237

https://github.com/eprints/eprints/issues/236

I'm still part-way through my CentOS7 / EPrints / Vagrant / Puppet journey - will write it up when I reach my destination!