Re: [EP-tech] eprints links are including filesystem paths

I have changed config file
regenerated apache2 config
restarted apache2
But when i try to reach documents I get 404 error

for example
http://eprints.iliauni.edu.ge/usr/share/eprints3/data/6222/1/Ketevan%20kupatadze_Istanbul.ppt

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 7:23 PM John Salter <J.Salter@leeds.ac.uk> wrote:

NOTE: **I haven't tried the process below (be careful!)**

You might want to test the sequences below before trying them on the live server, or at least take a copy of all the config files (<eprints_root>/archives/<archiveid>/cfg) as a backup.

When the archive was created, the script

<eprints_root>/bin/epadmin create

would have been run. This configures parts of the repository, one of which is the URL path the repository lives at.

The question asked during this process is:

"Please enter the path part of the repository's base URL. This should probably be '/'."

I think this was answered with '/usr/share/eprints3/data/' - the location on the disk, rather than the URL you wanted.

The value is saved into the archive config, in:

<eprints_root>/archives/<archiveid>/cfg/cfg.d/10_core.pl

The line:

$c->{http_root} = '/usr/share/eprints3/data/';

Could be changed to:

$c->{http_root} = undef;

After doing this you will need to update the apache conf:

<eprints_root>/bin/generate_apacheconf

You will need to re-start Apache to make the change live.

You will probably also want to:

Generate the static pages:

<eprints_root>/bin/generate_static <archiveid>

And possibly generate the abstract pages:

<eprints_root>/bin/generate_static <archiveid>

If your repository has been running for a while like this, you might want to deal with requests for the URLs with …/usr/share/eprints3/data/… in them by redirecting them (I can show you how).