From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Christer Enkvist
Sent: 11 October 2016 13:20
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] Problem with installing on Ubuntu

Sorry, noticed I skipped a crucial step in the description!

The command “equivs-control apache2-mpm-prefork” simply creates the file apache2-mpm-prefork which is a file describing what to install (or more correctly fake an install of).

Perhaps you need to edit this file ( I did) ,

Replace

Package: <package name; defaults to equivs-dummy>

With

Package: apache2-mpm-prefork

Now you can build a debian package:

equivs-build apache2-mpm-prefork

And finally install it:

install” apache2-mpm-prefork

Complete description should be:

apt-get install libapache2-mod-php

apt-get install -y equivs

equivs-control apache2-mpm-prefork

Edit the file apache2-mpm-prefork, replace “Package: <package name; defaults to equivs-dummy>“ with “Package: apache2-mpm-prefork”

equivs-build apache2-mpm-prefork

dpkg -i apache2-mpm-prefork_1.0_all.deb

Please let me know if you encounter any problems!

/Christer