[EP-tech] Using ORCID with EPrints - draft specification of requirements

Dear all,

I’m working as part of the Jisc UK ORCID Consortium support team, and as part of this work we have been working on a specification how how it should be possible to use ORCID with EPrints - with the intention that this will be used as the basis of some software development.

So far we’ve been drawing on a number of sources to inform the specification including a survey of the EPrints User Group[1], the ORCID page on the EPrints Wiki[2], recommendations from ORCID[3], existing examples of eprints/ORCID integration, and comments from members of the EPrints users community.

We now have a first version of the specification available for comment - and would really like to gather feedback from the wider EPrints community. The specification is available at:

The document is open for comments - please use the comments facility to ask questions or make suggestions

We would very much welcome any feedback you have

Best wishes,

Owen

1.Cooper, H. and Jennings, E., 2016. ORCID EPrints Implementation Survey Analysis. University of Bath. http://opus.bath.ac.uk/52526/

Owen Stephens