[EP-tech] IRStats2: Innodb tables; forks

Hi,

Our IRStats2 processing runs slowly, and I suspect there might be some improvements to be made - especially as we're using InnoDB tables.

Before I start trying to work out how to solve this, has anyone done any work in this area?

Also, there are two forks of IRStats2 that might need to be merged:

https://github.com/eprints/irstats2

https://github.com/eprintsug/irstats2

(Most other forks come from the head of eprints/irstats2).

Comparing these two forks:

https://github.com/eprints/irstats2/compare/master...eprintsug:master

it looks like there has been some re-arrangement of files (these seem sensible to me), and a couple of fixes.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether these should be merged, so we have one main master again? Will doing this cause problems for people who have installed the package using the previous file-layout?