From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of Christer Enkvist <christer.enkvist@slu.se>
Sent: 28 October 2016 14:07
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] EPrints CRUD module returning a 500 error

Hi,

I encountered the same problem when trying to add posts using SWORD.  If comment out the failing code in CRUD.pm to

                #return $self->send_response(

                        #HTTP_CREATED,

                        #$atom->param( "mimetype" ),

                        #$atom->output_dataobj( $items[0] ),

                #       'HTTP_CREATED',

                #        'application/atom+xml',

                #        'text',

                #);

I can both extract and add posts.  From what I understand this is some a debug code which seems to have been left by mistake (?).  Those better reading code are most welcome to comment on this – I may be VERY wrong!

However, removing/commenting out the rows above, adding an Eprints XML file (NewPosts.xml) to the archive is without problem:

christer@honeybee:~/test$ curl -X POST -i -u my_username:my_password --data-binary "@NewPosts.xml" -H 'Content-Type: application/vnd.eprints.data+xml' http://pub-dev21.slub.se/id/contents

HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

HTTP/1.1 200 OK