[EP-tech] An easier way to extract data - OAI-PMH?

Hello all!

So, some of you may know I’ve been working on a tool to extract records from repositories and pair them with third party sources like Altmetric.com and Scopus. I talked a bit about this at OR2016 in Dublin. I’m currently looking at refining the model, generalising the funcions and making it possible to link the tool to different repositories.

Currently, when I’m grabbing data from our repository I’m using the “Export as JSON” endpoints (i.e. http://eprints.lincoln.ac.uk/cgi/exportview/creators/479/JSON/479.js) however looking at other EPrints repositories I notice that some have turned this method off. Is there a more general way to bring data out? I’m thinking OAI-PMH but I’m not sure if that has a query language at all i.e. can I pass in something like user_id=479 to the OAI-PMH endpoint on our repository and get back a list of outputs?

Any suggestions would be great as I’m guessing an OAI approach would make the solution viable for use on other repository software.

Andrew

The University of Lincoln, located in the heart of the city of Lincoln, has established an international reputation based on high student satisfaction, excellent graduate employment and world-class research.

The University may monitor email traffic data and content in accordance with its policies and English law. Further information can be found at: http://lincoln.ac.uk/legal.