Re: [EP-tech] Thesauri in EPrints

I did try converting the MESH (MEdical Subject Headings) ontology into an Eprints Subject tree, back when we started about five years ago.  I succeeded insofar as the script built a subject file that could be imported correctly in principle.  But it was so vast that the test server ground to a halt – I think there were 50000+ terms.  Also, the problem is that MESH is not really one ontology, but about twenty separate dimensions: Disease, Body Part, Geography, Study Population, etc etc.  I can probably dig out the script and/or the load file if anyone wants to have a play with it.  Probably only of interest to Medical Schools.

Andy

Andy Reid

Research Information Manager

Executive Office, Room G40a

London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine

Keppel St, LONDON, WC1E 7HT

0207-927-2618 (Internal/Teleworker x2618)